Last updated on October 23, 2004.
Our offices are located at:
488 Madison Avenue
New York, New York 10022
We can be reached:
via e-mail at email@example.com, or
by telephone at (212) 980-0120.
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DOES FRANKFURT KURNIT COLLECT?
- In general, you do not have to provide personally identifiable information (“PII”) to use our Web site.
- However, certain services which you may subscribe for through our Web site may require you to provide PII, such as your name, address, e-mail address and other contact information. (Additionally, if you choose to correspond with us through e-mail, we may retain the content of your e-mail messages together with your e-mail address and our responses.)
- Because it is not possible to anticipate every conceivable context in which information might be provided to us through our Web site or via e-mail, we can provide no assurance that any PII you choose to provide to us via e-mail will be maintained as private. You should not send private or confidential information to us by e-mail.
- Incidental to your use of our Web site, our web server automatically logs certain information such as the URL address of the computer you are using, your geographic location, the date and time you access our Web site, the total time you spend on our Web site (including the time spent on individual pages of our Web site), keywords searches used in connection with our Web site, the Web site address, if any, from which you linked directly to our Web site, the Web site address, if any, to which you travel from our Web site, your entry and exit points (e.g., which page you arrived at and the page from which you departed our Web site), and other similar traffic-related information. We also track the number of first-time users and the number of repeat users, and we may also aggregate information relating to your and other users' traffic patterns, for example, to evaluate what portions of our Web site are more popular than others and to determine how many times particular pages of the Web site were accessed in aggregate. We use the foregoing information to help us improve our Web site and the services that we provide through our Web site. We do not use such data in any way to create or maintain a personal profile of you or collect PII from you.
- Non-PII that Frankfurt Kurnit collects is accessible by certain Frankfurt Kurnit personnel as well as certain third-party Web site designers and personnel involved with the third-party service that hosts our Web site. Frankfurt Kurnit uses all non-PII that it collects internally and together with its Web site designer and host in order to improve our Web site. Frankfurt Kurnit personnel may use the data to prepare reports regarding Web site activity as part of the process of maintaining and improving the Web site.
- We reserve the right to disclose any PII to any third party if we believe that we are required to do so for any or all of the following reasons: (1) by law; (2) to comply with legal processes or governmental requests; (3) to prevent, investigate, detect or prosecute criminal offenses or attacks on the technical integrity of the Web site or our network; and/or (4) to protect the rights, property, or safety of Frankfurt Kurnit, the users of the Web site, or the public.
- “Cookies” are small text files, which often include an anonymous unique identifier. When visiting a Web site, the Web site's computer asks your computer for permission to store this file in a part of your hard drive specifically designated for cookies.
- Cookies allow Frankfurt Kurnit to record how many times a user--or computers within a user's network of computers--has visited our Web site, the number of times various pages of our Web site have been accessed and to track the user's home page customization preferences.
- You may disable receipt of cookies using features of your Web browser that disable or turn off cookies. With cookies disabled in your browser, our Web site's customization features will not function, and the home page will revert to its default content.
WHAT STEPS DOES FRANKFURT KURNIT TAKE TO PROTECT YOUR PRIVACY?
- Frankfurt Kurnit will not sell, share, or otherwise disclose (to the extent permitted by law) any of the PII it collects online about you without your permission; provided that Frankfurt Kurnit may disclose such information to third parties who design and/or monitor the Web site, to parties who assist or cooperate in preparing firm mailings and to third parties with whom Frankfurt Kurnit may co-sponsor programs or events (in which case Frankfurt Kurnit may share attendee lists for purposes of such program or event).
- Frankfurt Kurnit collects PII via its Web site only to the extent that such information is provided by visitors who voluntarily submit a feedback/inquiry form, send electronic mail to Frankfurt Kurnit or any of its lawyers or staff, register for events, subscribe to newsletters, or submit resumes or any other content through our Web site. PII collected through our Web site is stored in Frankfurt Kurnit's contact database where it may be combined with pre-existing contact information in that database. Frankfurt Kurnit and the host of its Web site take reasonable security precautions to maintain the privacy of the data that is collected, such as deploying and updating a security system for our Web site and limiting access to such data to appropriate personnel under a system that is user ID and password protected.
WHAT ABOUT THE PRIVACY POLICIES OF THIRD-PARTY SITES TO WHICH OUR WEBSITE PROVIDES LINKS?
- Generally, Frankfurt Kurnit does not provide links to third party Web sites that it does not control except for occasional and temporary links to news articles and to Web sites of entities with whom we co-sponsor programs and events.
WHAT ABOUT CHILDREN'S PRIVACY?
- Frankfurt Kurnit does not knowingly collect PII from children under age 13.
WHERE IS MY PII STORED?
- Regardless of where you are located, Frankfurt Kurnit's Web site collects information, processes and stores that information in databases stored on servers located in the United States.
WHAT IF I WANT TO CHANGE OR DELETE MY PII?
- If you would like to view or change your PII as stored in our database, or if you no longer wish to receive materials from us or want your PII removed from Frankfurt Kurnit's database, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Alternatively, when you receive materials from us you may make use of the "opt out" provision in such communications so that we know that you no longer wish to receive such materials from us.