Lauren Erbst specializes in commercial and residential real estate law.
Ms. Erbst has 15 years of experience handling all aspects of commercial real estate – including leasing, acquisition, disposition, financing, investment and development. She represents both landlords and tenants in negotiations for office, retail, restaurant, warehouse and medical leases. Ms. Erbst negotiates and drafts term sheets, guarantees, assignments, subleases, licenses, amendments (including extension, expansion, surrender, relocation and recapture agreements), consents, subordination and non-disturbance agreements, estoppel agreements, letters of credit, property and asset management agreements, and virtual office and services agreements.
Ms. Erbst also represents purchasers and sellers in all aspects of the acquisition and disposition of commercial properties. She has extensive experience advising on real estate financings and investments, including commercial mortgage and mezzanine financing, joint venture and development agreements. Ms. Erbst negotiates development rights transactions including license agreements, purchase and sale agreements and zoning lot development and easement agreements. She advises owners and tenants in connection with construction projects, including contractor, architect and designer contracts. She also represents residential and commercial purchasers and sellers in condominium and cooperative transactions.
Some of Ms. Erbst’s recent transactional representations include:
- advising a New York City based real estate developer in the sale of development rights
- advising a midsize law firm on its 55,000 square feet office lease in the financial district
- advising an Iron Chef in leasing restaurant space in Tribeca
- advising a family-managed owner/developer in a $23 million mortgage financing secured by 3 residential rental buildings
Ms. Erbst is admitted to practice law in New York and New Jersey.
The George Washington University (BBA and BA, cum laude, 2002)
Fordham University School of Law (JD, 2005)
- Member of the Fordham Intellectual Property, Media & Entertainment Law Journal