June 24th, 2016
Will Brexit Impact my Trademark Rights in Europe?
Rest easy, trademark owners! While the UK has voted to leave the European Union, it is expected to take at least two years for that to occur. Here is what trademark owners need to know:
- Brexit will not impact your nationally-registered UK trademark rights.
- Your European Union registrations are still in force in the UK.
- New provisions eventually will be put in place that will keep your EU rights in effect in the UK when it leaves the EU.
- We are closely monitoring all developments to ensure that our clients' rights are protected and maintained.
- Stay tuned for more developments.
If you have further questions about the implications of the UK Referendum on your intellectual property rights, or about other trademark matters, please contact Catherine Farrelly at (212) 826 5579 or firstname.lastname@example.org or any other member of the Frankfurt Kurnit Trademark & Brand Management group.
Get Ready for New York Minimum Wage and Exempt Salary Changes
Increases to the New York State minimum hourly wage for non-exempt employees and increases in the minimum salary for exempt administrative and executive employees take effect on December 31, 2019. The required minimum rate and salary depends on the employee’s location and number of employees. Read more.
December 11 2019
How to Comply With New York’s New Harassment Rules That Are Taking Effect Now
Dramatic changes in New York’s sexual harassment laws are effective now, or will go into effect shortly. New York employers will have to adapt and take some important steps to comply. Here’s a summary of what all New York employers need to know. Read more.
November 12 2019
Frankfurt Kurnit’s Second Annual Litigation Ethics Summit - FKKS Ethics Game Show
To cap off the Second Annual Litigation Ethics Summit our panel challenged some brave audience members to participate in a contest of ethical wits. Read more.
October 30 2019