Last updated in November 2013.
Our offices are located at:
488 Madison Avenue
New York, NY 10022
We can be reached:
via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org, or
by telephone at (212) 980-0120.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOW WE USE IT
Information You Provide
- In general, you do not have to provide personally identifiable information (“PII”) to use our website.
- You may choose to provide your PII to us via the website. For example, certain services which you may subscribe for through our website (e.g., e-mail alerts and updates) may require you to provide PII, such as your name, address, e-mail address and other contact information in order to take advantage of the service.
- Because it is not possible to anticipate every conceivable context in which information might be provided to us through our website, we can provide no assurance that any PII you choose to provide to us via our website will be maintained as private. You should not submit private or confidential information to us via the website.
- Frankfurt Kurnit collects PII via the website only to the extent that such information is provided by visitors who voluntarily make a submission, register for events, subscribe to receive mailings, or submit resumes or any other content through our websites. PII collected through our website may be stored in Frankfurt Kurnit's contact database where it may be combined with pre-existing contact information in that database.
- We may use your PII (in some cases, in conjunction with your non-PII) mainly to administer your inquiries and communicate with you. We may also use your PII in other ways naturally associated with the circumstances in which you provided the information.
- If you sign up to receive news, alerts or publications from Frankfurt Kurnit, submit a request for a legal education seminar, or contact us through the “Contact Us” link, we use the information you provide to send you the communications you request and/or respond to your inquiry, and may also use the information to communicate with you about other topics we believe may be of interest to you.
- We may use non-PII we collect via the website for any purpose.
Information We Collect By Automated Means
- When you visit our website, our servers may automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website ("Log Data"). This Log Data may include information such as your computer's Internet Protocol address, browser type or the webpage you were visiting before you came to our website, pages of our website that you visit, the time spent on those pages, information you search for on our website, access times and dates, and other statistics. We may use this information to monitor and analyze use of the website and for the website’s technical administration, to increase our website’s functionality and user-friendliness, and to better tailor the website to our visitors' needs. We do not treat Log Data as PII or use it in association with PII, though we may aggregate, analyze and evaluate such information.
- Certain pages on our websites may contain “web beacons” (also known as Internet tags, pixel tags and clear GIFs). These web beacons allow us or third parties to obtain information such as the IP address of the computer that downloaded the page on which the beacon appears, the URL of the page on which the beacon appears, the time the page containing the beacon was viewed, and the type of browser used to view the page.
INFORMATION WE SHARE
- We may engage third party companies and individuals to perform services on our behalf, including without limitation, to facilitate our website, provide the website on our behalf, and perform website-related services (e.g., without limitation, maintenance services, database management, web analytics and improvement of the website’s features) or to assist us in analyzing how our website is used. These third parties may have access to your PII. These service providers are not authorized by us to use or disclose the information except as necessary to perform services on our behalf or to comply with legal requirements.
- From time to time, Frankfurt Kurnit may also co-sponsor programs or events, in which case Frankfurt Kurnit may share relevant PII (e.g., attendee lists) for purposes of such program or event.
- We may also disclose information about you that we have collected via the website to government or law enforcement officials or private parties as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate to respond to claims and legal process (including but not limited to subpoenas), to protect the property and rights of Frankfurt Kurnit or any third parties, to protect the safety of the public or any person, or to prevent or stop activity we may consider to be, or to pose a risk of being, illegal, unethical or legally actionable.
LINKS TO THIRD PARTY SITES
- Frankfurt Kurnit does not knowingly collect PII from children under age 13. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with PII without their consent, he or she should contact us at email@example.com.
STORAGE AND TRANSFER OF DATA
- We maintain administrative, technical, and physical safeguards for the website designed to protect against loss, misuse, or unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction of the PII we collect through the website.
- Regardless of where you are located, Frankfurt Kurnit's website collects information, and processes and stores that information in databases stored on servers located in the United States.
YOUR INFORMATION CHOICES
- If you would like to update your contact information or preferences, or if you would like to have your information removed from our mailing list, please contact us by e-mailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Alternatively, when you receive certain electronic materials from us you may make use of any "opt out" provision in such communications so that we know that you no longer wish to receive such materials from us.
- To the extent required by law, we provide users with (i) reasonable access to the PII they provide through the websites, and (ii) the ability to review, correct and delete such PII. To help protect your privacy, we take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access to your information.
HOW TO CONTACT US
488 Madison Avenue, New York, NY 10022.