January 28, 2014
Estate Planning Basics for Everyone
Far too often, people don't have Wills or other necessary estate planning documents in place. Failing to plan could have undesirable consequences. For example, in the absence of a Will, the state determines who receives a decedent's property. Inadequate planning can also leave an individual without a say in who is appointed to administer the decedent's estate or serve as a Guardian of his or her minor children.
The Frankfurt Kurnit Estate Planning and Administration Group team with J. Matrik Wealth Management to explain in plain English how basic estate planning can help secure your most precious interests.
- Dying without a Will - real stories and worst-case scenarios
- Reasons to have a Will
- Choosing your beneficiaries
- Selecting executors, trustees and guardians
- Saving money -- estate tax, gift tax and income tax planning
- Life insurance and other financial products
- Health Care Proxies, Powers of Attorney and other important documents
- Selecting the right professional advisors
- Adam Osterweil, Esq.
- Associate - Estate Planning and Administration Group
- Frankfurt Kurnit Klein & Selz, P.C.
- Scott Turner, CFP, FSA
- J. Matrik Wealth Management
Date: January 28, 2014
Time: 6:30PM - 8:00PM
Location: Frankfurt Kurnit Klein and Selz, PC, 488 Madison Avenue, 10th Floor