May 28, 2020
Now I Know My SDKs: Legal Considerations for Use of Tracking Tech for Analytics & Advertising
Please join Frankfurt Kurnit for a live webinar to explore privacy and advertising considerations around the use of Software Development Kits (SDKs) and related tracking technologies in your apps. We will explore all things SDK, including:
- -What are SDKs and how do companies use them for analytics, advertising, and other functionalities?
- -Why are third party SDKs resulting in lawsuits and PR concerns? For example, Zoom’s use of the Facebook SDK led to legal claims.
- -What type of notice and choice do SDKs require?
- -How should you address sensitive categories of information, such as children’s data and health data?
- -How will the CCPA and Do Not Sell obligations impact the use of SDKs?
- -What should you consider when negotiating contracts regarding SDKs? How do the Standard IAB Terms apply?
For more analysis that will help drive the conversation, please read “SDKs and COPPA: An Overview of the Recent Court Order in the New Mexico Attorney General COPPA Lawsuit.”
1 California General Participatory Credit will be given
1 New York Professional Practice Credit will be given.
Date: Thursday, May 28, 2020
Time: 1:00 PM to 2:00 PM EST
*This program has been approved in accordance with the requirements of the California MCLE Board for a maximum of 1.0 General Participatory Credit. (Note: The content of this course is appropriate for both newly admitted and experienced attorneys (non-transitional and transitional)).
**This program has been approved in accordance with the requirements of the New York State Continuing Legal Education Board for a maximum of 1.0 credit hours in Areas of Professional Practice. (Note: The content of this course is appropriate for both newly admitted and experienced attorneys (non-transitional and transitional)).