September 28, 2017 Continuing Legal Education
Trademark Basics for Corporate Counsel
Look behind any new product launch, co-venture, or marketing campaign - and you're likely to find valuable trademarks. Indeed, the acquisition, protection and licensing of trademark rights is often mission-critical. While most companies have counsel that specialize in trademark law, to do their jobs well, non-IP practitioners need to understand the area too. Please join Frankfurt Kurnit's Catherine M. C. Farrelly for a complimentary breakfast CLE presentation explaining trademark essentials in plain English. You'll learn about:
• How to obtain trademark rights in the US
• The benefits of trademark registration and how enforcement prevents loss of rights
• Monitoring for infringement
• Corporate transactions that implicate trademarks
• Clearing new brand names
• Preventing "genericide" and other loss of rights
• Drafting a good license
• How other countries' rules differ
• Current cases including the Supreme Court's recent decision on disparaging marks
• And more
September 28, 2017
8:30AM - registration
9:00AM - 10:00AM program
Frankfurt Kurnit Klein + Selz PC
488 Madison Avenue (Between 51st and 52nd)
New York City
1 NY CLE Credit in Areas of Professional Practice.
This program has been approved in accordance with the requirements of the New York State Continuing Legal Education Board for a maximum of 1.0 credit hours in Areas of Professional Practice. (Note: The content of this course is appropriate for both newly admitted and experienced attorneys (non-transitional and transitional)).
1 CA MCLE Credit in Areas of Professional Practice.
This program has been approved in accordance with the requirements of the California MCLE Board for a maximum of 1 General Participatory Credits.