- Published Articles
- In the Press
- Press Releases
Sign Up for Alerts
Sign up to receive receive industry-specific emails from our legal team.
Sign Up for Alerts
We provide tailored, industry-specific legal updates to our clients and other friends of the firm.
Areas of Interest
June 24th, 2016
Will Brexit Impact my Trademark Rights in Europe?
Rest easy, trademark owners! While the UK has voted to leave the European Union, it is expected to take at least two years for that to occur. Here is what trademark owners need to know:
- Brexit will not impact your nationally-registered UK trademark rights.
- Your European Union registrations are still in force in the UK.
- New provisions eventually will be put in place that will keep your EU rights in effect in the UK when it leaves the EU.
- We are closely monitoring all developments to ensure that our clients' rights are protected and maintained.
- Stay tuned for more developments.
If you have further questions about the implications of the UK Referendum on your intellectual property rights, or about other trademark matters, please contact Catherine Farrelly at (212) 826 5579 or email@example.com, Donna Tobin at (212) 705 4878 or firstname.lastname@example.org or any other member of the Frankfurt Kurnit Trademark & Brand Management group.
Other Intellectual Property Law Alerts
Supreme Court Requires Registration Prior to Bringing Copyright Suit
Yesterday, the Supreme Court issued two unanimous decisions affecting the rights and remedies available to copyright owners. Read more.
March 5 2019
Impending WHOIS Data Blackout Is Likely to Impede IP Enforcement
On May 25, 2018, the European Union's new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) will take effect. Read more.
May 10 2018
Publishers Beware: New Ruling Says Embedding May Infringe Copyright
New York Court Holds Embedding Social Media Posts May Constitute Copyright Infringement. Read more.
February 21 2018